Principal Environmental Consultant
Nick is a Principal Environmental Consultant at LBWco and has worked in the field of contaminated land investigation and assessment for more 20 years in both the UK and in South Australia. Attaining certification as an Environmental Practitioner with Site Contamination Specialisation in 2018, he offers significant expertise in project management, technical reporting and the development of fieldwork programs and has extensive experience in successfully delivering site investigation, assessment and remediation projects for a range of clients. Nick’s particular focus areas are landfill gas and human health risk assessment. A level headed leader, Nick is committed to solving problems in a calm pragmatic way.
Embracing the opportunity to work flexibly, Nick relocated his family to the UK in April 2018 and now works full time with us from his home in Wetherby, near Leeds. The resulting time difference and our use of effective electronic media means that we can keep the business running about 16 hours a day and achieve productivity efficiencies at the same time.
A father to three small children, Nick is passionate about sustainability in general, but in particular, that of the world’s fisheries.
We are a well-connected team who appreciates one another’s input. There are no closed doors.
Education & Experience
- Certified Environmental Practitioner Site Contamination Specialisation
- Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP) EIANZ
- Master of Science in Contaminated Land and Remediation – University of Lancaster
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science (Honours) – University of Wolverhampton
- Investigation, Assessment and remediation of Site Contamination
- Human health and environmental risk assessment
- Landfill gas and ground gas assessment
- Waste soil assessment and classification
- Soil Vapour
- Site Supervision
- Project Management